Saturday, July 6, 2013

Calf color

More pictures of Libertybelle's first day.  She met the rest of the herd.  Maybe a bit overwhelming for a one day old.  After all, everyone else is much bigger.
 
If I close my eyes, will they all go away?
 Then to mama for some reassurance, cuddles, and kisses.
 

Lastly, dinner time.  Socializing with the family works up an appetite.
 

For my Dexter friends, I tried to show pictures of her eyes, nose, and hooves.  There does not seem to be any black rings/hairs.  Maybe/probably we have a color calf, just don't know which color.  So I tried to show some differences with the light and camera.  She looks red in the sun and dun in the shade/clouds.

Wow!  I really just thought we would have black calves and that would be that.  Shows what I know! :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment