Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer Time = Busy Time

Our fair time is fast approaching and the days are full.  The sheep are now slick looking, thanks to our wonderful sheep shearer.  They have to feel a lot cooler.

I am lobbying to change their names to black and white.  When we first got them, they were wooly and white and one was much bigger than the other.  So I called them the big one and the little one.  Then after the first shearing, we found they were the same size under all that wool but different colors.  Hence, now black and white.  I am all for the descriptive names.  We still call our cows by their ear tag numbers.

Unfortunately, our 'fox in the hen house' is back.  Fox being whatever animal is raiding the chicken coop.  Prior to the start of this blog, we had a raccoon that took out the entire meat pen chicken flock.  All 10 chicks, dwindling 1 or 2 a day till we had none.  Now, something else is out there getting the young hens.  We are trying to keep the last exhibition chicken alive and well till fair time.  This is not her, but maybe she should take some pointers.
And just because I finally got a decent picture of the guinea, here it is.  No idea if this is a girl or boy.  There is a sound difference to their call, but I could not tell you how to recognize it.


And now to our star attraction, Libertybelle.

I know the second picture is a little fuzzy, but she was not coming any closer and I had to use the zoom.  Still, each day I go back and forth on the color.  More red, not so much, just cannot make up my mind.  Need to get a color test done.

They thought I was coming to feed even though it was early afternoon.  Of course, you see where Liberty is with her mama.  Though this evening, she came up with the big girls for dinner time.  And wouldn't you know it, I left my camera at the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment